For the uninitiated, an escape room is a game. You and your team enter a room and need to solve a series and/or combination puzzles in order to discover the secret exit before time runs out!
The game is a race against time that requires real teamwork and communication in order to solve the mystery and “escape” before the final buzzer. (At Palace Games you won’t actually be locked in, but it’s better if you pretend that you are.)
Escape Rooms are great for team building, birthdays, special occasions, or just for fun! You can play with your colleagues, friends, and/or family members.
All of Palace Games escape rooms are designed to encourage teamwork and bonding.
While they may be great for a corporate team offsite, they are so fun that many people choose to spend their birthday locked in a room with friends and family.
Are All Escape Rooms the Same?
All escape rooms are not the same!
Some are scary, some are magical, some are historical, some are adventurous, and some are silly – the options are endless!
When you play an escape room at Palace Games, you will be stepping back into exciting adventures from the early 20th century.
Our rooms are not "fear motivated" – so no need to worry about someone jumping out at you in the dark.
Instead, we ask our guests to step up to the challenges set forth by major innovators and icons.
What to Expect at Palace Games Escape Rooms
At Palace Games, we have your back. All groups playing an escape room at Palace Games will be greeted by a game manager.
The game manager will be available to assist the group while they play. GMs can provide as little or as many hints as you would like.
Palace Games was recently rated the best escape room company in the US, so you can expect a premier escape room experience. You will enjoy both beautifully immersive spaces and creative, challenging puzzles you have never seen before!
For more information about Palace Games and our escape rooms check out:
How to Play an Escape Room
All escape rooms our different and can be played in many different ways! Here is what you need to know to play at Palace Games:
First step – assemble your team! We only sell full room reservations at Palace Games, so you will only be playing with the people you bring. Unlike some places, we do not sell individual tickets or have you join groups of strangers.
Next, you will want to book your escape room! All our games are available by reservation only, so check out our schedule (available when you click any booking button), select your preferred time, and complete the booking!
So you have assembled your team and booked your room, what do you need to do to have a successful game? Here are a few escape room tips and tricks:
- Search: It is always a good idea to sweep the room for clues. Have a system for where you place possible clues to come back to later. Make sure everyone knows about it, too!
- Communicate: If you discover something, let the team know! No need to keep secrets from your team members. You will need to work together, and, most importantly, LISTEN to each other!
- Divide and Conquer: Some tasks require full group coordination, while others can be accomplished concurrently by breaking into smaller groups. This can help maximize your time and lead to a speedier escape.
- Experiment: Don't be afraid to try things. Sometimes, testing possible solutions can help lead to the answer.
- Follow the Rules: This one sounds boring, but it is more helpful than you know! If your Game Manager says not to rip apart furniture, pull things off the walls, or climb on furniture to search for things, then don't! You'll just be wasting valuable time and possibly causing damage to the room.